Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Taco Cabana

Taco Cabana does not currently provide a GF menu online, but when I emailed them, they responded quickly with a current list of GF menu options.  Ideally, I would post the PDF online, but it had a disclaimer saying it was for my personal use and not for distribution, so I will just summarize the findings here.  The soft corn tortillas are safe to eat and are the best bet.  They will substitute corn for flour for their menu items.  The crispy taco shells, chalupa shells, and tortilla chips start GF, but may be fried in the same oil as the flour tortillas, so they are more risky.  Black beans, borracho beans, and refried beans are all GF.  Toppings like cheese, con queso, and sour cream are okay.  The meats I saw listed as safe included bacon, barbacoa, chicken fajita, shredded chicken, rotisserie chicken, ground beef, chorizo, eggs, and steak fajita.  Guacamole and salsas are safe to eat as well as the produce toppings and rice.  Flan is a GF dessert option.
I prefer their breakfast tacos, and they are safe on corn tortillas.  I tried the ground beef tacos and the guacamole at lunch today.  I took a picture of the tacos on the soft corn tortillas.  The guacamole was pretty good, and the tacos were okay.  It's nice to know that you can eat a lot of the menu items and it is a good fast food option.

Taco Cabana has locations all over San Antonio.

No comments:

Post a Comment