Friday, September 7, 2012

Paloma Blanca

We finally made it to Paloma Blanca last night.  I had heard about their separate GF menu and finally sampled their food last night.  Paloma Blanca is definitely celiac friendly.  They have a separate GF menu, they prepare fresh chips that have not been fried with other items, and they have separate celiac tortillas.  The service was great, the margaritas were strong, and there was a definite attention to detail when it came to serving a customer who had to eat GF.  I ordered The '09 Margarita, which was strong and fresh.  The chips and salsa were okay in my book, and I really appreciated that they brought me specials chips.  For the entree, I ordered Pollo Chipotle subbing the poblano corn white rice for the Spanish rice.  The chicken and sauce were tasty and the rice was good, but the borracho beans were too mushy.  They brought me six celiac corn tortillas when I requested some with my entree, which was very generous.  For dessert, I tried the flan.  All in all, it was not my favorite Mexican food in the city, but their attention to detail when it came to GF dining was outstanding, so it may be worth your while to visit them.
 

They are located in Alamo Heights.

Address - 5800 Broadway, San Antonio, TX 78209
Phone - 210-822-6151

No comments:

Post a Comment